I’ve been working on the new blog whenever I get a second (and trying to keep Clara’s blog updated – posted her three month update the day after she turned four months :s) but in the meantime, Jody tagged me in this meme over on her blog so here goes. At the end, I’m supposed to come up with my own five questions and tag others but whether or not that happens depends on the world’s shortest napper.
1. Do you prefer watching movies or reading books? Recently I just finished reading the new John Irving for book club and I enjoyed it so thoroughly – I couldn’t put it down and I read large sections of it to Clara at times so that I could keep reading. It’s been a long time since I read a book that I enjoyed as much as it and based on that, I’d have to say reading. Plus, the entire time that Tay was away, I didn’t watch a single movie. Or even turn any of the media stuff in the basement on.
2. What is the earliest memory you have? I don’t know what’s the earliest memory but perhaps my most favorite from my childhood, and the one I keep going back to in my mind over and over, is walking up the path to my grandmother’s house in Newfoundland – the long grass, the clothes on the line, and the smell of her face powder when she’d come out and greet us.
3. What is your most favourite alcoholic drink of all time (if you had to chose just one)? Depends on the season – winter? A glass of red wine. Summer? A lime margarita. If I had to choose? The wine I suppose, since it’s easier to drink year round :).
4. What do you think the best television series you’ve ever seen is?I think it’s (still) Six Feet Under…but I really, really, REALLY like Mad Men.
5. What do you like the best about where you live? About downtown? Toronto Island I think – I don’t go often enough but earlier this year, I discovered one of the beaches over there and if you didn’t know better, you might never know it was a lake and not the ocean. I feel better just knowing that that beach is near by, even if I don’t visit often.
Your turn – if you read this blog and want to play along, even if you’ve been tagged already. Post here or in your own blog.
1. Where is your favorite place to shop for clothes?
2. What would your very last meal consist of?
3. What’s your biggest regret?
4. How many hours a night do you usually sleep?
5. Name a city that you visited that you loved so much that you would move to if you could. Would your answer change if money wasn’t an issue?