Renu et al. came over for dinner tonight – we all had a lot of fun together, it’s been a while since we’ve gotten together. Jayant seemed to be trying hard to control his excitement at being there but it seemed to bubble up inside of him until he couldn’t contain himself and then silliness ensued. Of course, it probably didn’t help much that I was encouraging him – I got out my camera and the two of us started in with the self-potraits – some of it is at the yahoo site (which is here) of course. The photo above is Jayant in my hat and sunglasses – I almost died laughing when he had that on :).
Jago seems to be getting more comfortable with Tay – he’s watching him with what seems to be combined interest and apprehension. He will get close to Tay but as soon as Tay directs attention at him he’ll laugh and shy away. It’s cute really :). When the four of them were getting ready to leave, a couple of times Jago came running at me so I would catch him and then, once he had his shoes on, he came to me and took my hand and tried to lead me out of the house. When Jai picked him up to leave he started crying – and of course he broke my heart doing that so I had to take him back for a snuggle. He’s getting to that age now where he’s throwing tantrums and crying if he doesn’t get his own way, but he is still desperately cute and I certainly can’t resist him :).
From March 12th
1. What was the last song you heard? Things Have Changed, Bob Dylan
2. What were the last two movies you saw? The Texas Chainsaw Massacre – the newest version – (total crap) and Jersey Girl.
3. What were the last three things you purchased? At the grocery store – Flavored olive oil (Herbs & chili pepper), Mint-fudge-crackel ice cream, watermelon.
4. What four things do you need to do this weekend? Go to the gym, try on my wedding dress, organize my desk drawers and office closet, veg with Tay.
5. Who are the last five people you talked to? Tay, Renu, Jai, Jayant, Jago.