In The News Today
Multiple same-sex Valentine’s nuptials planned
Seven same-sex couples came to Toronto this week and all received their marriage licenses at city hall today. There will be a joint ceremony tomorrow afternoon with all seven couples plus one other Canadian couple. Justice Harvey Brownstone – who is also gay – will perform the ceremony and the Mayor is scheduled to attend.
Reason to be a Smug Canadian?
“From July 2003 until the end of December, Toronto records show that 14,700 gays and lesbians were married in the city, 6,800 of them non-Canadians.”
And on that note of true love and committment, honesty and integrity, Happy Valentine’s Day :).
Oh yeah, Tay did come home, and yes, I was ecstatic to see him :). I was also excited to see a pink Victoria Secret tissue-papered bundle coming out of his suitcase – my surprise? A little pink nightie with dark pink lace trim. It’s very cute and very pink and I love it. But not as much as I love Tay :).
The Friday Five
(From February 7, 2003)
1. What did you have for breakfast this morning? If you didn’t have breakfast, why not? I had my usual, a yogurt and a Special K bar.
2. What’s your favorite cereal? Probably one of those cereals with clusters of nuts – usually maple something.
3. How often do you eat out? Do you want that to change?Probably at least once a week – often at lunch, with the gang from work.
4. What do you plan on having for dinner tonight? Got a recipe for that? I did groceries after work – got a rotisserie chicken from Costco – had that and a salad. Tomorrow night, we’re fonduing :).
5. What’s your favorite restaurant? Why? I’m currently a big fan of Moxie’s at Square One – the have an extensive menu, a great atmospher and daily cocktails for only $3. And do I need to mention the mini-desserts again? 🙂