Quote of the Day:
“I’m not going to spend my life being a color.” From Black Or White, Michael Jackson
Song of the Day:
A Moment To Myself, Macy Gray
Water Intake: So far? 300 ml.
Well… C&E didn’t leave until midnight last night – by the time I washed up and got to bed, there wasn’t really much of a chance of me going to the gym. I actually woke with my alarm and contemplated the gym, but the 1.5 extra hour of sleep convinced me otherwise. I’m glad I did – I feel relatively rested :). I would go after work, but it’s Halloween – I want to get home so I can answer the door 🙂 :). Perhaps I’ll burn calories going back and forth from the sofa to the front door – but then I’ll consume them with miniature candy bars – yes, I’ll eat chocolate today – it’s Halloween!! 🙂
I drove the Civic to work today – that’s right, I drove stick all the way from my house, to the office, in morning traffic. HOORAH! AND I didn’t stall once. Not ONCE. I came close, at one point – I felt the car start to stall, I corrected, it bucked slightly and then it was okay. I opened her up on the straightaway along Kennedy – was dropping gears – felt like a race car driver. It was COOOOOOOL.I’m still nervous about stopping and starting on an incline – coming up Steeles I had a moment of panic – the light was green and I was terrified that it would turn, forcing me to come to a stop in a busy intersection but I managed to get through (my strategy was going to be to turn into the mall right before the intersection and skirt it ;). Yay me!!! 🙂
#77 – Scary Movies – It’s Halloween!
1. Do you like scary movies? Why or why not? I LOVE them!!
2. What was the first scary movie you remember seeing? How old were you? What in that movie scared you the most? Probably when I was 6 or 7, I watched Jaws – I was TERRIFIED. I spent most of the movie behind a blanket :).
3. How scary is that movie now to you? Why? Not at all – it’s fun!
4. What scary movie did you not find scary? Why? What scary movie did you find too scary to finish or, if you did finish, bothered you days later? Why? Hrrrrmmm. I couldn’t watch Children of the Corn – still won’t to this day. There’s something about kids killing people that is just too disturbing for me to handle. The second time I tried watching it I got so freaked out, I pulled it from the VCR and LOCKED it in my trunk (my overactive imagination – I had visions of waking up in the middle of the night and seeing it playing on my TV ;). I don’t find cheesy-teenybopper movies scary – movies like Freddy or Jason, or ones like Jeepers Creepers or Cabin Fever or Joyride – they have their moments but mostly, I laugh at them :).
5. Select 3-5 scary movies for a Halloween marathon. Why did you pick these titles?In this order: Halloween, Scream, Psycho, Blair Witch Project, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original, none of those cheesy remakes). Notice how they get progressively scarier – enough to give you a heart attack by the end ;).
AFI Top Ten Thrillers
1. PSYCHO 1960
2. JAWS 1975
3. THE EXORCIST 1973
4. NORTH BY NORTHWEST 1959
5. THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS 1991
6. ALIEN 1979
7. THE BIRDS 1963
8. THE FRENCH CONNECTION 1971
9. ROSEMARY’S BABY 1968
10. RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK 1981