Song of the Day:
Watching the Wheels, John Lennon
Quote of the Day:
Yaaaahoooooooo! (How funny was Will & Grace last night??)
I can’t breathe and I’m utterly exhausted. It’s been a long week work wise and being sick hasn’t helped much. This is day number 9 of this cold and I’m damn tired of it. I’ve booked Monday off work (using up some of the overtime I’ve accumulated) and am looking forward to the three day weekend. Of course, next weekend is Thanksgiving, the weekend after that, JoJo comes – that makes 3 long weekends in a row. I’m excited :).
Tomorrow I am going shopping with Renu for some jewellery to wear with my dress – E&C’s wedding is Sunday. I’m wearing the wine-colored dress I bought at Jacob – even though I’ve been sick and not feeling in the best of shape as I’ve not been to the gym in about 12 days. I bought a sheer black shawl to wear around me, so if I’m not feeling svelte, I can cover up :). I hope the weather warms up a bit so I can still wear my sandals – I might buy some stockings tomorrow in case I need to wear warmer shoes :(. Let’s hope not.
I went to Renu’s today – she was helping out with newsletters – I was enjoying chatting with Jayant while he got ready for school. He told me I needed to open a shop and sell pizza, mushrooms (stuffed), peanut butter bars and cinnamon buns. When Renu told him to hurry up or he would be late for school, he nonchalantly declared that if he missed the bus, I could drive him to school. It still continues to startle me at times to see how comfortable he is with me, and in a way, how he just naturally expects me to help take care of him. I’m starting to notice to how attached Jago seems to be getting to me – a couple of times when I was there today he was tugging on my pants so that I would pick him up. When I finally would, he would hold onto me pretty tightly. I can’t even describe the smile he gives me when he sees me :). I wonder if Renu realizes that the best gift that she could ever give me has been the love and the trust of her and her family.
1. What vehicle do you drive? Acura Integra
2. How long have you had it? Almost two years
3. What is the coolest feature on your vehicle? Even though its not a ‘feature’, probably the stereo – it plays Mp3s – you can copy folders of music to one disc and then have an endless supply of music… on one disc. 🙂
4. What is the most annoying thing about your vehicle? It’s pickup – it takes me an annoyingly looooooong time to go from 0 to anything.
5. If money were no object, what vehicle would you be driving right now? I quite like the Lexus IS300 (in yellow) but I recently saw the new Mercedes and could have died *drool* :).