Quote of the Day:
“I think we’re gonna have to pat you down.”
Song of the Day:
They Say ~ Alex Pangman
Day 1 of Southside Shuffle – was at the festival from 4pm-11:30pm (after working 8:30-2:30pm). I’m damn tired. Gonna blog briefly then crawl into bed – need to be back down there for 11:00am tomorrow (but it looks like I get off tomorrow night at 8, woo!!).
I hung out most of the night in a tent right next to the mainstage, heard some GREAT music tonight – fell in love with the voice of a Canadian jazz singer – Alex Pangman. Amazing talent, she was on stage for about an hour – I think I will be buying her CD tomorrow. It was really funny – prior to her going on, I was chatting with her over by one of the merchandise tents, had no idea she was a performer :). We had a conversation about her hair – it’s such a beautiful shade of red :).
I’ve noticed in the past month or so that I’ve been getting a lot of attention from guys. Tonight it was the two black guys manning security. Because I was in and out of the festival grounds all night, they were having fun with me. At one point, one of the security guards suggested patting me down incase I was concearling an Uzi :). It’s still so very strange to me to be on the receiving end of this kind of attention – I get very flustered, which is slightly frustrating :). At one point, the security guy grabbed hold of my arm and Lynda started squawking on the walkie talkie to Daniel that I was being held by security and he would have to come spring me (she was laughing). When I finally got back to the tent I was working with Daniel and he started teasing me, I was very embarrassed. Not sure what has changed about me. It could be a) I’ve lost 12 lbs and two sizes b) I’m growing my hair out and therefore am less (what?) intimidating? c) my confidence is increasing because I am feeling better about myself or d) all of the above.
Okay…bed..but first, The Friday Five :).
1. What housekeeping chore(s) do you hate doing the most? Laundry is annoying because it takes so long, and vacuuming is troublesome when you have two floors.
2. Are there any that you like or don’t mind doing? Typically I don’t mind doing the dishes – I always wash, and Tay dries – it’s sort of quality time for us. Mopping the floor is ok too, now that I have my Swiffer Wet-Jet :).
3. Do you have a routine throughout the week or just clean as it’s needed?I try and do both – have a day on the weekend for general cleaning up around the house, but I also try and pick up after myself as I go along. Hardly being home the past few days is taking a toll on the house tho – when you’re in and out and so pressed for time, things seem to get messy so quickly.
4. Do you have any odd cleaning/housekeeping quirks or rules? When hanging up my clothes, I like all my hangers to be white plastic ones. And I seperate my laundry into 3 piles – whites, blacks and colors. (This is apparently weird).
5. What was the last thing you cleaned? I had a bunch of clothes from my closet piled up next to my bed – hung it all up.