Quote of the Day:
“Boys are stupid, Throw rocks at them!” <– David & Goliath
Song of the Day:
November Rain, Guns N’ Roses
Workout: Weights (Legs), Abs and cardio (20 minutes, bike).
Water: 2Ltrs (so far).
Ennnh. That’s all it was today, ennnh. It’s really hot here, I’m having a hard time with the heat. The temperature is low 20’s but with the humidex, it feels like 30s. We’ve had much hotter weather than this, days where it’s felt like 40 with the humidex. I guess I have been spoiled by the mild weather. Anyhow, because of how humid it was, I was too warm even before beginning my workout and when I started to work up a sweat just doing my weights, it was unbearable. Just felt icky. So I did all my weights, worked my abs, did a tiny bit of cardio and then went and jumped in a cold shower in the locker room so that I could be cold enough to tolerate the hot tub. Which I was able to :). I hung out in the hot tub until the big shower became available and then I was in there for about half an hour – I love those showers, dragging in two footstools so I can sit and shave my legs. It’s nice :). I’m looking forward to my early morning workout tomorrow, I’ll be at the gym before the coolness of the night air burns off, so that means I will be able to workout in relative comfort.
Sunday Brunch ~ Food for Thought
Sunday, August 10
1. What food could you eat practically every day? Dill pickles. I practically have one every day, sometimes more than one, sometimes more than once a day. Strubs Full Sours in Brine to be exact :).
2. What is your least favorite food? I hated-hated-hated scalloped potatoes as a kid – when my mother used to let us eat at the coffee table so we could watch TV and if was scalloped potatoes on our plate, I’d hide mine beneath the sofa and pretend I had eaten them. Disgusting I know, but I desperately hated them. A close second is Kraft Dinner. Blech. Blech.
3. How often do you eat out? Lately it’s been about once a week – usually it’s the office going for lunch. Tay and me rarely eat out – we’re trying to be careful about what we spend and Tay insists he can get a better meal at home anyhow. Lucky him ;). I love eating out, but it can get old very quickly., so I’m happy with once a week.
4. What does the inside of your refrigerator look like (i.e., well stocked with fresh food, lots of left-overs that have been there for a while or looks like Mother Hubbard’s cupboard)? Our fridge is usually fairly sparse, because we just don’t seem to eat a lot of perishables. I always have fresh fruit and vegetables but a lot of time, it will go bad because I never get around to eating any of it. There’s usually some leftovers as well because I have a hard time throwing away good food. We always have milk and eggs in the fridge, and cheese of some kind. The staples of life, eh? 🙂
5. Is there a combination of food you like that other people may think is gross? I used to love to eat uncooked hotdogs soaked in vinegar, slabs of bologna slathered in mustard, and dill pickles with cheddar cheese. I still eat the pickles and the cheese, the hotdogs on occasion (when I’m in the mood for a heartattack) but even I know well enough to stay away from bologna :).
The Sunday What If…
From July 27th, 2003
If you could own the entire wardrobe of any television character, from the show they’re on, whose clothes would you want? Most definitely Rachel from Friends, c’mon, she works for Ralph Lauren!! Second place? Charlotte from Sex and The City.
It’s not tv, it’s HBO
Coming up tonight: Sex and The City & Project Greenlight. Hoorah!!
And the award for superhero I’d LEAST like to sleep with goes to…DareDevil!! 😉
Daredevil: “You killed the two people I love most. I want to know why.”
*Buuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzt* Wrong answer. Correct answer would have been because you’re a pussy superhero geek boy who wears a gay costume and has gay hair. Good choice casting Affleck in this. GAY.
1) The exterior shots of New York.
2) Watching Affleck get his ass kicked by a woman. Hoorah!
3) Kevin Smith’s very brief role. Brilliant. Two points for this moment of genius.
4) John Favreau.
5) Watching Affleck get his ass kicked yet again by a woman. Hoorah!
Honorable mention goes to Colin Farrell’s accent, but is not in the top five as he plays a superhero who throws things at people.
Who would’ve thunk that a Superhero movie starring Affleck would be gay. Certainly not I. *snark*